When waking in the morning, it is easy to jump into your plans for the day and forget all about God. A great way to start each day is with a focus on God shortly after waking up. Another good time is later at night, but right now we are focusing on starting our day with the focus on God. Below is a list of ways to help us do just that.
7 Ways To Start Your Day With God
- Subscribe to a “Verse of the Day” or some other program that sends you a message to look at right when you wake up.
- Read a devotional book each morning. Many short devotionals help to get the day started on the right foot. Here is a good one that has short encouraging entries: Max Lucado’s You Can Count on God 365 Devotions. You can also do this electronically if you don’t want to have a physical book.
- Pray through the plans you have made for the day. While you are getting ready for your day, think about the plans you have. Go through each plan and pray over them.
- Listen to a favorite hymn or praise chorus. There are songs that you know will lift your heart and help you get through any day. This is the time to awaken and start your day off to make your heart happy. You can listen while walking, exercising, or getting ready for the day.
- Send a prayer email to someone before starting your day. This is a short task that helps you to focus your heart on God and others. This is also a great way to send encouragement and strength to someone who needs it.
- Work to memorize scripture while you eat breakfast. Pick a new scripture to memorize each week or month. Repeat it each morning.
- Once a week, pray and fast from breakfast. This can help direct your focus to God and be an encouraging start to your day.
Will you try one of these or something new tomorrow?
About Jesus Love Temple
Evangelismania – We are a lively church focused on spreading the Gospel message into the entire world! Evangelismania was a term given to Pastor Shockley by God. It is a theme for our church’s strategy of…
- Taking every possible opportunity to share the gospel message of Jesus Christ to the lost.
- Taking every possible opportunity to invite someone to church
- Living a Christian life that shines the Light of Christ and supports church evangelism
- We believe God wants us to help those in need. At Jesus Love Temple YOU are important!
What We Do At Jesus Love Temple…