I recently realized that I do a lot of talking. I like to talk, but talking means I’m not listening. So many things open up to our minds, body, and spirit through the power of listening.
What I Should Be Listening To
- The word of God– not just reading scripture, but apply those words into my daily life.
- The spirit of God– life gets busy with many distractions and I don’t always take the time to listen to the guidance of the spirit throughout the day. I need to be mindful of this even when it doesn’t feel possible.
- My Spouse- I have found that I don’t always hear my spouse. I need to take the time to slow down, look her in the eye, and hear what she is saying.
- Friends/Colleagues/Members of the Church– I need to better understand that the difference in each of us is what brings value to conversations and ultimately to ourselves.
- To The News– I need to be better at understanding what is going on in the world around me and not limiting myself to one informational source.
As the old saying goes, I have two ears and one mouth, which means you should be doing more listening than talking. I am realizing that now and my ears are open to God, to you, and to anyone else who would like to be heard.
About Jesus Love Temple
Evangelismania – We are a lively church focused on spreading the Gospel message into the entire world! Evangelismania was a term given to Pastor Shockley by God. It is a theme for our church’s strategy of…
- Taking every possible opportunity to share the gospel message of Jesus Christ to the lost.
- Taking every possible opportunity to invite someone to church
- Living a Christian life that shines the Light of Christ and supports church evangelism
- We believe God wants us to help those in need. At Jesus Love Temple YOU are important!
What We Do At Jesus Love Temple…
- GROW – Prayer, study, gatherings, and activities
- SHARE – Prayer requests, testimonies, and words of encouragement
- LOVE – Sharing the good news with our family, friends, and the world
- SERVE – Help us serve our community and our world
- GIVE – Offerings, contributions, and charitable donations